Shortly after a devastating earthquake hit Chile, Latin alternative music label Nacional Records is putting their grain of salt (and music) by releasing a benefit compilation titled Fuerza Chile. This digital-only benefit album features an exciting lineup of 11 genre-bending Chilean artists such ass Latin Bitman and Señor Coconut, as well as rapper Anita Tijoux, who has raised relief funds on her own through two concerts that featured other Chilean hip-hop artists. Nacional Records founder Tomas Cookman was actually in Chile with Los Fabulosos Cadillacs at Viña del Mar for the festival when the earthquake struck and Nacional artist DJ Bitman was almost DJing at a party when the earth shook, but was able to escape before the building caved in.
The label will donate all of the proceeds from this Latin music compilation to Chile’s earthquake relief. To download benefit album Fuerza Chile and contribute to the earthquake relief (its only $5.99!), go to iTunes.
Fuerza Chile Tracklist
1. Francisca Valenzuela – “Run Run se fue pa’l norte”
2. Anita Tijoux – “Mar adentro”
3. Gonzalo Yañez – “Maldigo del alto cielo”
4. Primavera de Praga – “Pájaro muerto”
5. Los Tres – “Cerrar y abrir”
6. Latin Bitman – “Shine”
7. Javiera Mena and Diego Morales – “Ausencia”
8. Los Bunkers – “Llueve sobre la ciudad”
9. RH+ – “Curb”
10. Señor Coconut – “La vida es llena de cables”
11. Angel Parra Trio – “La jardinera”